Diablo III 1.04 Launches, Adds Paragon Tiers To Game
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment has released the 1.04 patch for Diablo III. Among other things the update adds the new Paragon system to the game in an attempt to improve the end game experience for players with level 60 characters. Experience earned after level 60 will go towards attaining up to 100 paragon levels, each offering stat improvements and bonuses to magic and gold find percentages.
Two of the issues we’ve been thinking about while working on patch 1.0.4 have been what to do with Magic Find and how to give level-60 players who aren’t satisfied with the item hunt something more to strive for. I’m sure many of you are aware of the blog we posted proposing some different Magic Find gear-swapping solutions, as well as our general thoughts on how rewarding the game is once you hit level 60. The Paragon system is designed to help us address these concerns.Read more about the Paragon system and the full 1.04 patch notes at the links below.
Introducing The Paragon System
Here’s how it works:
- After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
- There are 100 Paragon levels
- Every Paragon level will reward you with:
- Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
- 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
- In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown
Diablo III Patch 1.04 Notes
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
Diablo III (add to watch list)
Buy Diablo III
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, August 20, 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.