WarBirds 2012 Dives Onto Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has updated its catalog of games available for purchase with the addition of WarBirds 2012 from iEntertainment Network. The World War II combat sim gives players the chance enter the unfriendly skies above a variety of historical terrains in a choice of over 120 aircraft.
WarBirds 2012 is a brand new version of the world famous World War II combat flying, single player, and Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) simulation game, WarBirds, in continuous operation since 1995, with a brand new enhanced graphics engine, new special effects, new explosions, new aircraft, and other great new features. WarBirds 2012 is available now for $29.95 (USD).
Warbirds 2012 (add to watch list)
WarBirds 2012 offers over 20 flight training missions, 12 instant action missions from Bomber Ambush to Rear Gunner action, and a Free Flight mode where the player can pick from 5 different combat modes, from Air to Air, Free Flight, Target Drones, Bomber Ambush, or Ground Attack.
These Single Player missions can be flown over 15 different geographic terrains, and in one of over 120 different aircraft, from Spad VII to the F-86 Sabre Jet, all included in the simulation. Players choose one of three levels of pilot expertise: Rookie, Veteran, or the highly skilled Ace. As a special bonus, players can also experience World War II Armored Combat in the Armored Assault simulation and World War I Aerial Combat in Dawn of Aces, both included in WarBirds 2012 as bonus games.
WarBirds 2012 is the Single Player version of the world famous Massively Multiplayer Online Simulation game of World War II flying and aerial combat, WarBirds Online. Players who purchase WarBirds 2012 also receive a 14-day FREE trial in the aerial combat MMOG where players can compete in air-to-air action against other real players in online combat and join online squadrons. Players can go on raids with their squadron mates and participate in reenactments of many of the great air battles of World War II. WarBirds Online can be found at www.Totalsims.com. Players can learn how to fly historical aircraft, get FREE online flight training from live instructor pilots, and learn how to survive in a simulated combat environment with real combat flying skill in WarBirds 2012.
- Continuous Success Since 1995: This is the brand new version of the World Famous WarBirds TotalSims series of games that have sold over 1 million retail games and deemed the “top of the online flight-simming pyramid”1 and getting many “Simulation of the Year” awards since WarBirds was introduced in 1995.
- Single-player Action Combat: The Player is thrown right into the action with multiple geographical terrains, multiple mission types, and over 120 aircraft to fly and battle with. No looking for a battle for the player. WarBirds 2012 Instant Action brings the battle right to the player as soon as he takes off.
- Complete Training Available: For new players, WarBirds 2012 provide a complete introductory training at game start and over 20 training missions in the Training Tab of the game simulation. And if the player wants a live instructor pilot to join him in his aircraft, he can come online and get live training using the FREE Teamspeak voice over IP system online. A player not familiar with real flying can be brought up to speed as a real fighter pilot with just a few hours of instruction. The player will then spend many hours trying to be an Ace and will be continuously learning to be a better and better fighter pilot!
- Multiple Skill Levels for Beginners to Experts: Enjoy WarBirds 2012 as an arcade game or as a simulation. The arcade level is Rookie, which eliminates the spinning of aircraft, the blackouts and red outs, and gives the player big guns and a hardened aircraft with unlimited ammo. The player can move on to the Veteran level which has the settings, the ammo, the toughness of the online WarBirds game for a veteran flight sim player. In the Ace mode, the player had better be a great flier as any shots on his aircraft will bring him down. He has to out fly, out maneuver, and out shoot his enemies. Each level moves the player more and more to the ultimate simulation of real tank combat during World War II.
- Historical Accuracy and Remarkable Detail: WarBirds 2012 dedicates itself entirely to the same remarkable historical accuracy and attention to detail that has made the WarBirds series one of the most visually impressive war sims ever.
- A Wealth of Options: Players can choose from countless online scenarios, modes and options that gives WarBirds a stunningly deep playing experience. Pick from an array of WWII aircraft, each with its entirely unique combat characteristic and “personality,” making each game a new experience.
- Online Play: Master the single player missions and training and you will be ready for the next step -- an awe-inspiring online community where upward of 200 players are battling. Play in the online arenas for Free for 30 days or join the TotalSims community arenas where hundreds of players recreate the actual missions of World War II. The TotalSims online community has consistently been rated one of the best and most helpful to beginners, providing a perfect environment for non-experienced and veteran players alike.
- CPU Processor: Universal Binary, G4 or Intel Mac.
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later.
- Video Memory: 512 MB RAM required, 1024 MB or higher recommended.
- Hard Disk Space: 1.5 GB of free space
- Joystick, mouse and keyboard. Throttle and Rudder pedals are recommended for Aviation Play.
- Video Card that supports Hardware T&L and Shader 3 Graphics.
- Internet Connection required for online play.
Buy Warbirds 2012
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Monday, July 23, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.