Upcoming Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch Info
8:16 AM | Mike Apps | Comment on this story
A recent post on the Atari forums revealed the changes for the upcoming patch to Unreal Tournament 2004. The patch makes an enormous number of fixes, from changes to all game types to fixes to the gameplay itself. Here's some of the changes that the patch will contain :
This patch is completely compatible with the retail version - servers and clients of any flavor can connect with each other.For more information on the patch, including a full list of fixes, follow the link below.
Upcoming UT2004 Patch Info
This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files, except to update settings as necessary.
Here is the full change list:
- Teams will now swap sides after each Onslaught round by default. This is configurable in the game settings menu.
- Fixed flying Leviathan exploit where Leviathan can be based on another vehicle.
- Fixed Leviathan pushing exploits by limiting the Leviathans max speed.
- Fixed Tank pushing exploits by limiting max speed unless falling.
- Node location names show up correctly in network games.
- Fixed terrains with a negative scale not showing PowerNodes.
- RadarMap can no longer be moved off-screen using the HUD configuration menu.
- Fixed possibility of ion cannon volume in ONS-Severance killing someone entering it without giving them warnings first
- Fixed bots getting stuck next to a vehicle because they didn't think they were close enough to enter
- Fixed Invasion ammo not replenishing at end of wave
- Fixed Invasion's ScoreKill() not notifying GameRules when monster kills a player
General Game play:
- fixed which anim is played during sniper zoom (removes log warnings)
- fixed redeemer reticle being affected by HUD opacity setting
- fixed skaarj playing taunt anims
- make sure no wrap around on multikill numbers
- call takefallingdamage() on wall dodge to prevent it being used as an exploit for avoiding damage on long falls
(can still use wall dodging anywhere you could before, you just take damage if you are falling too fast).
- fixed miscellaneous game code log spam.
- UTClassic Rocket fix for delay before can fire again after loading up 6 rockets
Digital Extremes (add to watch list)
MacSoft (add to watch list)
Epic Games (add to watch list)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (add to watch list)
Buy Unreal Tournament 2004
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, April 29, 2004
Wednesday, April 28, 2004
Tuesday, April 27, 2004
Monday, April 26, 2004
Friday, April 23, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.