Warcraft III Patch Plans
7:51 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Blizzard has recently announced an upcoming patch for its popular RTS Warcraft III and its expansion, The Frozen Throne. Labeled as version 1.15, the patch adds a large number of fixes and balance changes to the overall game.
Also included in the patch will be the Goblin Tinker, a new neutral Hero players can hire. Some of the other listed features are as follows:
- The matchmaking system has been significantly updated. New accounts should more quickly begin playing against opponents of equivalent skill level.A complete listing of the upcoming changes, including world editor improvements, map additions, and race tweaks, can be found at Mojo StormStout's Warcraft III Strategy Guide.
Warcraft III 1.15 Patch Changes
- Clan ladders are now functional. Games against ranked players will now contribute to your clan's ranking on the ladder.
- Clan information is now displayed in your player profile, including your clan name, tag, ladder ranking, and more.
- Display of channel moderators has changed.
- Ladder information is now more clearly separated in your user profile.
- Free For All (FFA) games are now anonymous. Account names will no longer be displayed to other participants. Other players will be displayed as "Player X", where X is the number of the player in the game.
- Added an on/off button for the "Alt" formation toggle functionality to the Options --> Gameplay menu. The option is "On" by default.
WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne
Buy WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 13, 2004
Monday, April 12, 2004
Friday, April 9, 2004
Thursday, April 8, 2004
Wednesday, April 7, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.