MWSF: Aspyr Expands with MoH Breakthrough, SC4: Rush Hour
7:55 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
Continuing their ongoing string of announcements at Macworld this week, Aspyr Media has revealed they will be bringing two popular expansion packs to the Mac, Medal of Honor: Breakthrough and SimCity 4: Rush Hour.
Breakthrough is set in the 1943-44 campaigns in Africa and Italy and is being developed internally with their own team. Aspyr has the game at "first playable" now and is hoping to have it released sometime in March.
A quick rundown of features in the add-on pack is available from the EA web site now:
The other half of today's announcement is the add-on to the latest in the original line of Maxis "Sim" games, SimCity 4. Rush Hour is in "early developement" at i5works and should be out "later this year" according to Aspyr's Amity Lesko.
- Eleven single-player levels ranging from the fight for Kasserine Pass to the battle of Monte Battaglia.
- Nine new multiplayer levels including the Monastery at Monte Cassino, the streets of Messina, and Anzio Beach.
- Improved multiplayer battles including new Liberation Mode in which defeated players become POWs, Tug-of-War Mode, and Objective Mode.
- Access to historically accurate World War II era weapons.
- Enter and exit vehicles at will including the M4 Sherman Tank.
- Call in artillery and air strikes against the enemy to save your squad from certain defeat.
- New soldier models, skins and voices including American, British, Italian troops.
- Sound effects by the award winning Medal of Honor sound design team at EALA.
Rush Hour expands your transportation options in SimCity 4 with hundreds of new structures, and even the option to take control of cars, planes, and boats. Here's a clip from their site:
Your city is on the move with the new SimCity 4 Rush Hour Expansion Pack. Get your Sims on the road to happiness by taking control of your city's transportation including roads, rail, air, waterways, and even cars. Take complete charge of vehicles on the streets of your city. Is the fire department stuck in traffic on its way to a four-alarm fire? Take direct control of the "hook and ladder" and pursue the quickest route to the blazing inferno. Solve missions from chasing down bank robbers to catching car-jackers, and earn reward buildings and other vehicles.Stay tuned for more information from IMG on the both expansions as they near release.
SimCity 4: Rush Hour
Medal of Honor: Breakthrough (add to watch list)
Maxis (add to watch list)
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
i5works (add to watch list)
SimCity 4 (add to watch list)
Buy Medal of Honor: Breakthrough
Buy SimCity 4
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, January 6, 2004
Monday, January 5, 2004
Wednesday, December 24, 2003
Tuesday, December 23, 2003
Monday, December 22, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.