MacMAME Update Available
9:05 AM | Trevor Buchanan | Comment on this story
Fans of the ever popular MacMAME should be pleased to know that a new version of this highly lauded emulator has been made available. For those who may not know, MacMAME makes playing all your favorite retro titles as easy as using your Mac.
According to their website, many new features are included in this release:
• In sync with the Win32 0.74u2 build. If you're missing some ZaXXon, want to get you're Q-bert on or just have neglected this download, don't hesitate. You can download it from the link below and as always, support freeware developers.
• Somewhere between 0.60 and 0.66, the application icon was damaged, resulting in some wacky shadow effects (most noticeable when viewed at 128x128). This is now fixed.
• Now uses OSX-savvy CFPreferences to load and save its settings.
• Converted chunks of the code to use CarbonEvents, and started ditching resources in favor of nib files.
• MacMAME once again creates files in the proper location.
• Fixed issue where renaming MacMAME would cause it to not launch properly.
• Fixed some bugs with the PPC 68k core. [Andreas Kromke]
• Added new and improved OSX icons. [Nathan Strum]
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 8, 2003
Tuesday, October 7, 2003
Monday, October 6, 2003
Friday, October 3, 2003
Thursday, October 2, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.