Abducted Engine Tech Specs
9:33 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Contraband Entertainment has posted a page detailing some of the capabilities of the engine powering their upcoming title Abducted. Screenshots showing the engine in action have been posted, displaying finished shots, wireframes, and other facets. Also listed are some of the finer points behind the technology:
1) Created by game industry veterans who've shipped dozens of titles on PC's and consoles. Abducted is described as a sci-fi/horror title that challenges players to survive inside an alien-infested craft. Screenshots, as well as more information on the title itself, can be found at Contraband's site.
2) All lighting is completely realtime.
3) Per-Pixel Diffuse And Specular Bump Mapping
4) Pixel Accurate Shadowing
5) Projective textured lighting
6) Unified lighting model across all surfaces
7) Takes full advantage of GeforceFX runtime CG
8) Uses vertex and pixel shaders
9) Advanced texturing effects possible with shader system.
Contraband - Abducted Engine Tech Info
Contraband Entertainment (add to watch list)
Abducted (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, August 5, 2003
Monday, August 4, 2003
Friday, August 1, 2003
Thursday, July 31, 2003
Wednesday, July 30, 2003
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.