X-Plane Adds Jaguar Support, More
6:00 AM | Tim Morgan | Comment on this story
Laminar Research released version 6.30 of its flagship flight sim, X-Plane today. Arguably the most notable feature of the new version is restored support for joysticks in Mac OS X 10.2. Apple's latest OS release resulted in the loss of joystick support for many games, X-Plane among them. Laminar's website details the full list of changes in version 6.30. Here are just a few:
X-Plane is Laminar's advanced general-aviation flight simulator, supporting a wide variety of aircraft and situations, from fire fighting to space flight. The latest revisions of the program are made in preparation for X-Plane Combat, a more military-oriented version of the simulation platform.
Laminar Research (add to watch list)
- Plane-Maker can now equip an airplane with weapons that you design, so that you may begin designing weapons and airplanes now for X-Plane COMBAT, coming soon!
- Tilting wings now available for steering!
- Pressurization systems now simulated... you want that detail? You got it!
- Mars flight more realistic by shrinking the planet down to the right size...
- Downwash accuracy improved for high-dihedral cases.
- Propwash is now more realistic, as is settling with power in helos.
- Joysticks fully compatible in MacOS X.2!
- Airfoil-Maker has scaled reference-lines to help you get your airfoils in there perfectly.
- ECAM displays now different for planes vs. helos, giving better failure-notification for the type of craft you are in
X-Plane 6 (add to watch list)
Download 6.30 Mini-Update (13MB)
X-Plane 6.30 Download Site
X-Plane Mars Scenery Project
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 2, 2002
Friday, August 30, 2002
Thursday, August 29, 2002
Wednesday, August 28, 2002
Tuesday, August 27, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.