EV Nova Patch at Final Candidate
6:00 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Gamers who have been enjoying Ambrosia Software's spacefaring hit Escape Velocity Nova should be pleased to hear that an update, version 1.0.1, appears to have reached the Final Candidate stage of testing.
The list of changes accompanying this patch is quite extensive. Here's a small sampling:
- 'Duel with Moash Thurokiir' misn no longer shares an ncb with Polaris storyline
- Moash, Aurora and Heraan system now use a independent ncb for visibility (not a Polaris one)
- Reduced the number of ships called in the 'Observe Bureau' so that the mission is a little easier to comprehend
- Increased number of ships that attack player in Polaris Storyline
- Increased number of ships that attack the player in the Vell-os storyline
- Did a global search for 'immanent' and replaced it with 'imminent'
- Misn id 690 is now available from a spob that exists
- Misns are now harder to get - reduced the probabilities of random basic misns being offered - all major storylines (excepting Vell-os) now require greater combat ratings to be offered, Vell-os has only a 5% chance of being offered at any spob
Those interested in seeing the full list can find it in the EV3 progress log at Ambrosia's web site.
For those unfamiliar with the title, EV Nova allows spacefaring gamers to shoot enemies, trade with various races, and explore the universe, all the while following whatever paths they see fit to choose. Check out IMG's full review of EV Nova for more information.
IMG Review: Escape Velocity Nova
Escape Velocity: Nova (add to watch list)
Ambrosia: ev3 progress log
MGF: Escape Velocity Nova 1.0.0 (75 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, May 16, 2002
Wednesday, May 15, 2002
Tuesday, May 14, 2002
Monday, May 13, 2002
Friday, May 10, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.