WarBirds III Mandatory Update to 03.20.02
8:46 AM | Tim Morgan | Comment on this story
iEntertainment, makers of WarBirds III, recently released a mandatory update bringing the multiplayer online World War II simulator to version 03.20.02.
The new version rolls in the changes made by the previous two non-mandatory updates, including, most notably, Mac OS X support. In addition, 03.20.02 adds some new features of its own:
- New: Kaga and destroyer models/cockpits.
- New: Macchi C205.
- Tracer smoke texture separated out-now in the \textures folder.
- Collisions will now not result in maneuver kills.
- Added torp limits: Torps will fail if on entry to water:
- Angle < -30deg
- Speed < 385mph.
- CM-Level commands:
- NAVDRONES system setting: This controls who gets to issue .nav commands to drone boats, CVs & Ground Vehicles.
WarBirds III allows players around the world to participate in a persistent online universe set in Western Europe during the Second World War. The game's primary focus is air combat, but vehicle and ship support is slowly emerging.
IMG Review: WarBirds III
WarBirds III (add to watch list)
Download 03.20.02 Update for OS 9 (41 MB)
Download 03.20.02 Update for OS X (43 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, March 20, 2002
Tuesday, March 19, 2002
Monday, March 18, 2002
Friday, March 15, 2002
Thursday, March 14, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.