Aliens vs Predator and Giants Updates
6:00 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Mac game publisher MacPlay yesterday released new patches for both Aliens vs Predator and Giants: Citizen Kabuto.
The Aliens vs Predator patch, which brings the version number up to 1.0.3, addresses a bevy of issues with Mac OS X, including mouse movement and OpenGL problems:
The Giants patch, which brings it up to Build 7, mainly includes some GameRanger tweaks:
- Fixes stuttering with rapid mouse movement and mouse buttons 4 and 5 work in OS X
- Fixes OpenGL failure.
- For systems that cannot start the OpenGL renderer in OS X, the game will switch to software rendering.
- Minor code optimization.
- Fixes from previous versions (included in this version):
- Fixes issues between Aliens vs. Predator and Mac OS X 10.1.2.
- Fixes flickering of cursor.
- Fixes gaming going into window mode in 10.1.
Both the Aliens vs Predator and the Giants patches are available at MacPlay's downloads page. They weigh in at 7 MB and 4 MB, respectively.
IMG Review: Aliens vs Predator: Gold
- Text resizes in the game lobby when in 640x480 mode.
- Skips to the main menu of Giants when launched from GameRanger.
- Minor GameRanger improvements. Multiplayer Support Added.
- Mouse config stays constant after exiting on 10.1.x systems.
- PowerBook G4 Titanium incompatibilities remedied.
IMG Review: Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Aliens vs. Predator: Gold (add to watch list)
Giants: Citizen Kabuto (add to watch list)
MGF: Aliens vs Predator 1.0.3 Update (7 MB)
MGF: Giants: Citizen Kabuto Build 7 Update (4 MB)
Buy Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, February 4, 2002
Friday, February 1, 2002
Thursday, January 31, 2002
Wednesday, January 30, 2002
Tuesday, January 29, 2002
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.