Follow-Up Update to WarBirds III
9:53 AM | Tim Morgan | Comment on this story
Following shortly after an optional 12.05.01 update, iEntertainment has released version 12.12.01 of WarBirds III, the online multiplayer flight sim.
iEntertainment is quick to point out that this update is mandatory for all players. Along with the fixes introduced in yesterday's 12.05.01, the new version includes additional aircraft updates for the P-40B, Hawker Hurricane II, B-25H, and A36M Zero.
The following bugs are also among those that have been fixed, according to the WarBirds web site:
- F4U4 engine now centered. Will fix the need for trim with engine off.
- New effects system back in place.
- Panther hole in front armor fixed.
- Floating craters fixed.
- Grunts can now be hit with weapons. Flower children can still employ humane capture method if they are so inclined.
- Grunts deactivating when player who launched them is killed or exits fixed.
- Grunts squirming around under the tower at F40 fixed.
- Reduced target area of grunts.
- Water effect altered to make viewing from carrier deck more convincing.
- Malta terrain now loads correctly on a Mac.
- Increased ground drag for planes on dirt to deal with people using aircraft as ground vehicles.
- Skip bomb crash-bug fixed.
- Guns are now calculated into weight of aircraft when empty.
WarBirds III is iEntertainment's massively-multiplayer online dogfighting simulation. For a monthly fee, players can engage each other in WWII aircraft in a simulated war over Europe.
IMG Review: WarBirds III
WarBirds III (add to watch list)
WarBirds III 12.12.01 Update (14.4 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, December 11, 2001
Monday, December 10, 2001
Friday, December 7, 2001
Thursday, December 6, 2001
Wednesday, December 5, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.