Age of Empires II Patch News
9:47 AM | Sean Smith | Comment on this story
Our friends at MacGamer received word this weekend from Peter Tamte of Bold Games on the status of one of two upcoming patches for Age of Empires II, along with some advice for users on how to correct some problems right now:
A patch should be out early this week. It fixes all of the problems we've been able to reproduce except for some of the network synch issues. The network synch issues are hard to reproduce consistently and even harder to track down. But, the guys are working hard to fix these too as quickly as possible. As soon as we improve the network synchronization, we'll put up a patch for this too.For IMG's preview of this hot real-time strategy game of medieval campaigning and empire building, or to order a copy of your own, follow the links below.
Bold: Age of Empires II
Approximately 3% of the people who have purchased AOE2 so far have called or emailed us for tech support. We've been able to fix over 80% of all of these support emails and phone calls either by asking the user to upgrade to CarbonLib 1.4 or increasing the memory partition for the game. The remaining 20% of calls are either network synch issues or one of a half-dozen smaller bugs that are fixed in this patch. The AOE2 programmers at Westlake have been working almost exclusively on fixing these problems, including the network synch issues, since the game was released.
IMG Preview: Age of Empires II
MacGamer: Age of Empires II Update
Bold (add to watch list)
Ensemble Studios (add to watch list)
Age of Empires II (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, November 15, 2001
Wednesday, November 14, 2001
Tuesday, November 13, 2001
Monday, November 12, 2001
Friday, November 9, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.