8:59 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
MacMAME has recently been updated to version 0.37b14. For those unfamiliar with this project, MacMAME is a freeware arcade game emulator that can run classic arcade machine ROMs, allowing users to play most arcade games on their Macs.
This update comes with the following new features:
- In sync with the DOS 0.37 beta 14 build.
- Speed. MacMAME should, in most cases, be as fast as it's ever been, at least in the non-Carbon build.
- A ton of fixes for the Carbon target.
- Added ability to move a ROM set to the trash via contextual menus.
- Fixed bug in the 68020 core that caused trouble with Pop n Pop.
- Added ability to have group sets closed by default.
- More work on string internationalization.
- Worked around optimizer bug affecting YM2151 sound code.
- Many fixes to the various renderer plugins.
MacMAME is available for download both at the MacMAME website and from MacGameFiles.
MacMAME.org - Downloads
MacGameFiles - MacMAME 0.37b14
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, April 12, 2001
Wednesday, April 11, 2001
Tuesday, April 10, 2001
Monday, April 9, 2001
Friday, April 6, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.