Changing Crowd Control In Diablo III
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment has posted a new developer blog on upcoming changes for its action RPG sequel, Diablo III. The post focuses on changes to crowd control mechanics the developers plan to add to the game in the upcoming 1.0.5 patch.
How It Works:Read more at the page below.
Developer Journal: Crowd Control Changes D3
What This Means For the Player:
- Monsters have a "CC resistance" that is stored on a per-monster basis.
- The CC resistance starts at 0%. For every 1 second CC that is applied to the monster, the monster receives 10% CC resistance.
- Monsters lose 10% of their CC resistance every second that they are not CC’d.
- Elite monster CC resistance is capped at the current reduction values already active for Elites. In other words, CC resistance on most Elite monsters is capped to:
- 35% in Normal
- 50% in Nightmare
- 65% in Hell
- 65% in Inferno
- From a high level, diminishing returns are applied on consecutive stuns to reduce their effectiveness.
- You will never get an "Immune" message due to diminishing returns.
- Diminishing returns on Elite monsters cap out at the same values that are currently applied to Elite reductions.
- As previous mentioned, this means that near-infinite CC strategies will still work. We're okay with these strategies remaining viable, as we love how powerful it makes players feel. (That said, we will continue to keep an eye on these strategies and may make some changes in the future if we feel it will be better for the health of the game.)
- If two players are in a co-op game, the order in which they apply their stuns doesn't generally matter, so you shouldn't feel totally "screwed over" by the other person applying their stun before yours.
- A character using only the occasional CC every 10-15 seconds will always get the full duration in all difficulty levels.
Buy Diablo III
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Monday, September 3, 2012
Friday, August 31, 2012
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.