The Bard's Tale To Include Original Bard's Tale Trilogy Free
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
In a recent Twitter posting InXile Entertainment's Brian Fargo revealed that the Mac version of The Bard's Tale will be given a free update to include the original trilogy of Bard's Tale RPG titles. This brings the game in line with the iOS version which was previously updated with the classic trilogy.
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join you in battle, heal your party, and take damage on your behalf. Ready your weapon as you embark on a quest for coin and cleavage!Head over to the links below for more information.
The Bard's Tale
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions to the original PC version:
- 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
- A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
- A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
- Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
- 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
- Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
- More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
- Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
- Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
- iCloud Saves*—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across all your Mac installations and your iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
- Time-Savers*—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
- Full Screen Toggle—Cmd+F toggles between windowed and full screen view.
- Supports USB gamepads and sticks for controllers in addition to mouse/keyboard.
- Adaptive Rendering—displays at full native monitor resolution with user-accessible performance options**.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS X 10.6.6 or higher (10.7 required for some features*)
- 3.6GB Hard disk space
* OS X 10.7 required for iCloud Saves and Time-Savers (in-app purchase) features.
* * Lowering display resolution may be required for best performance on some pre mid 2007 Mac models.
Mac App Store: The Bard's Tale
Brian Fargo Twitter: Mac Bard's Tale Update
Buy The Bard's Tale
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, August 31, 2012
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Monday, August 27, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.