The Banner Saga Status Update Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Stoic recently released a new status update for the company's upcoming strategy role playing adventure game, The Banner Saga. The update offers a detailed progress report on what has been accomplished so far. The Banner Saga will combine elements of turn based strategy, role playing, and adventure games, and will follow the exploits of a band of vikings.
Since the last update we've accomplished: Read more at the link below.
The Banner Saga Status Update
- Final art for every major combat UI
- Final art for every major gameplay UI including upgrading, matchmaking and team-building as well as the option menus, combat resolution screen and many miscellaneous functions.
- Final UI functionality for combat
- Gold standard combat environment
- Final, animating character portraits
- Final base combat particles
- Implemented the majority of the playable character animations
- All tooltips for every ability and action in combat
- The locomotion system that allows us to adjust the speed of an animation versus how fast they move across the screen to avoid the "sliding" effect common in 2D games
- We've also made progress toward multiplayer functionality
- With these latest changes we'll be able to send our contractors a working client so they can begin implementing sound effects, music and creating quality assurance test plans. Within days we'll be able to start playtesting the combat with outside testers.
The Banner Saga (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Monday, July 30, 2012
Friday, July 27, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.