Krater Coming To Macs In July
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Fatshark has announced release dates for its upcoming post-apocalyptic role playing game, Krater. Windows PC gamers will be able to pick up the adventure on June 12, 2012, with a Mac verision coming in July. The top down RPG takes place inside a giant impact crater where the inhabitants live on in the aftermath of a bomb. Krater will feature crafting, exploration, and consequence. One example of such consequence is the possibility that characters may suffer permanent injuries and death.
THE WORLD AND ITS INHABITANTSLearn more about the game at the link below.
Krater (add to watch list)
Krater takes place in a lush post-apocalyptic game world, a gigantic impact crater where cities and even nations have has been built on the aftermath of a bomb. It is a colorful game exeperince, where genre-typical deserts are replaced by nordic pine forests and red wooden cottages.
BASIC GAME CONCEPT
It combines the combat mechanics of action-rpgs with the top-down tactics of the classic old-school games such as Syndicate and X-Com. The rich world opens up for the players via exploration of the immense world map.
Extensive crafting (craft unique abilities, weapons and items) and character persistence where both injuries and experience work in conjunction are key elements to evolve your team over time and get ready to enter into the end-game.
- Extensive crafting (craft unique abilities, weapons and items)
- Character persistence where both injuries and experience work in conjunction to evolve your team over time.
- Simultaneously control a squad of 3 characters chosen from 4 different main classes with a multitude of specializations.
- Prepare your team of Freediggers for the end-game and try to get as deep as you can into the main shaft, a dungeon crawler of massive proportions.
- Singleplayer/multiplayer which blend seamless with each other. Use your progress from the single player campaign in coop missions and the other way around.
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Friday, April 6, 2012
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.