The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes DLC Released
6:13 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Electronic Arts has announced the release of The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes as digital download exclusively available from The Sims 3 Store. The DLC takes place on a foreign planet where survivors from a disabled spaceship have built a colony, and features a new world to explore, new items, new locations, new sims stories, and the new Tree of Prosperity.
Set on an intriguing new planet full of the eerie and unknown, The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes is one of the most unique and far-away worlds ever created for The Sims 3. Having settled on this foreign planet several generations ago after their spacecraft became disabled, Sims have been hard at work to establish a thriving society on Lunar Lakes. Now complete with fully functioning roads, schools, businesses and agriculture, Sims have settled into three areas of the world. The first location is a flat expanse of land called ‘spaceship plain’ built on the disabled spacecraft area. The second area is a craterous colony where bohemian farmers live along the shores of freshwater lakes. The last locale is settled by a group of stragglers who inhabit the edge of society, pursuing their own creative dreams.Learn more about The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes at the link below.
The Sims 3: Lunar Lakes
Players have the opportunity to explore the subterranean dwellings of Lunar Lakes and discover the mysteries that are waiting to be revealed on this planet. One of the prominent locations is the science lab, which has been built from the remnants of the crashed spacecraft. Many Sims work at the lab and have discovered a number of fascinating scientific findings about the planet. For one, the world is powered completely by alien crystals that are embedded into the planet’s rocks. Through excavation, Sims uncovered these crystals and the importance they bring to life in Lunar Lakes. Sims have also discovered the Tree of Prosperity – an exotic plant that bares fruit which give Sims bonus skills when eaten.
- Explore a Unique New World - Meet new Sims, discover new locations, and experience the cosmos of Lunar Lakes!
- Exclusive New Items - Customize your game with dozens of all-new exclusive objects and clothing that are only available in Lunar Lakes.
- Exclusive New Locations – Lunar Lakes is full of all new locations, lots, and venues. Where will your explorations take you?
- Discover the secrets of this strange new world by joining the Science Career and working at The Perigee, the massive spaceship that brought Sims to the planet long ago.
- Remember the worlds that were left behind by visiting bio-dome parks that invoke the feel of Sunset Valley, Appaloosa Plains, Hidden Springs, and more.
- Explore the Crystal Mine and discover rare rocks and gems.
- Help the colony prosper by tending vegetables at the Community Garden.
- Bring the little ones to have a good time at the Umbra Playground and Park.
- All-New Sims and Stories - Stranded on an alien world your Sims must utilize the power of science to thrive! Will they create a utopian civilization, or quarrel over resources? What mysteries lie beyond the edges of the colony? Whatever the answers, one thing is certain: the Sims you meet in Lunar Lakes all have stories that are truly out of this World.
- All New: The Tree of Prosperity – Expand your game with an all-new item that provides gameplay benefits. This exotic plant is made of floating crystals and changes shape throughout the day. Play with the Tree of Prosperity and your Sims can learn skills faster. Discover the secrets of this alien tree today!
Electronic Arts (add to watch list)
TransGaming (add to watch list)
The Sims 3 (add to watch list)
Buy The Sims 3
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Friday, February 10, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.