TransGaming Brings Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 13 comments
Sony Online Entertainment and LucasArts, in collaboration with TransGaming, have announced that Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, a free-to-play family-friendly online virtual world, is now available for Mac users. The browser-based game gives players the chance to experience the world of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series from Cartoon Network.
"The demand for game content on the Mac platform has increased significantly, and we are excited to bring our games to this growing audience," said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. "Through our collaboration with TransGaming, Mac and PC players are able to play together seamlessly on both Free Realms™ and now Clone Wars Adventures, and we will continue to look for opportunities with future games to do the same."Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up. Learn more at the site below.
TransGaming (add to watch list)
Clone Wars Adventures is the ultimate virtual destination for fans of the TV series where players go online to experience fun mini-games, daily activities, events, rewards, lively social environments, and competitions. Players can battle alongside their favorite Star Wars characters like Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. It is updated every week with new content pulled from that week's new episode.
In addition to weekly updates in Clone Wars Adventures, Mac players who log in today will experience the Star Wars holiday season: the Orto Plutonia for Life Day, which brings a host of holiday decorations to the virtual world. Players can collect Life Day Orbs from around the Jedi Temple for rewards or wear Life Day Robes and collect presents from the Gifting Tree. Clone Trooper nutcrackers, Clone Snowtrooper outfits, Droid garland and many more festive items will also be available for purchase in the Marketplace.
Star Wars: Clone War Adventures offers a number of additional features, including:
- Extending the Fantasy: Kids no longer have to wait until the next episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series to continue exploring and enjoying the Star Wars® universe. With Clone Wars Adventures, kids can go online to experience exciting thrills as they duel iconic adversaries with their own custom Lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in a Starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships.
- Free Play or Upgrades: Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly Jedi Membership subscription for $5.99. Players can also purchase cool Star Wars universe items from within the game through micro-transactions using Station Cash™, SOE's virtual currency.
- Minigames and More: From Droid Programming to Speeder Bike Racing, Clone Wars Adventures puts players in the driver's seat as they experience epic action in immersive mini-games that take them to favorite locations in the Star Wars galaxy. In the game, players can become the proud owner of a tricked-out Droid pet or even throw a party in their player house.
- Fun With Friends: Whether players are on adventures with old friends or competing for leaderboard status with new ones, Clone Wars Adventures is a lively virtual world that connects players in fun and safe ways. Players can show off achievements in their Trophy Room, use safe chat and emoticons to express themselves and celebrate in-world events with the entire galaxy.
- Kid-Friendly: Parental controls allow for the customization of safety options, including pre-canned chat and playtime settings for younger players.
- Retail Package: The Clone Wars Adventures Galactic Passport is now available at retail locations in North America and will include a 90-day Jedi Membership subscription, 500 Station Cash, the ability to unlock the Togruta playable character, a Yoda monitor topper, and more.
Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.