Quake Live Update Adds Premium Maps
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
id Software recently announced a new update for Quake Live, the company's browser based first person shooter. Among other things the update includes 2 new premium arena maps, 20 new premium awards, and the first of many planned advanced server options.. Based on the Quake III engine, the game challenges players to master their shooting and dodging skills as they battle with others.
Premium Maps Added:Visit the link below to read more about the update.
Quake Live Premium Pak 4 Update
- Evolution (Small CA):
This small Rocket Arena 3 level crafted by Till Merker, author of Thunderstruck and Theatre of Pain, is an instant classic. Two open platforms at the top level provide light cover from direct fire, while a teleporter at the bottom of the map allows quick access to high ground. If you get caught at the bottom, you can attempt to make an escape toward the tunnels in the back of the map, but be careful that your opponent does not get the drop on you through the jumppad shaft in the back. Evolution is best played in Small Clan Arena, with up to 4 players.
- Three Story (Small CA):
This small Rocket Arena 3 level crafted by Mike Burbidge, author of Japanese Castles, has received a fresh coat of paint, and looks better than ever. A large building houses two jump pads to bring you up to the synonymous third story of the level. Here you are connected to perilous catwalks, which are especially dangerous with our new Premium Damage Through Floors match setting enabled. If the enemy has taken the high-ground, don't give up yet, as a tunnel wraps around the outer edge of the arena, leading into a building and up a level giving you position to mount an attack on any fortified position. Like Evolution, Three Story is best played in small Clan Arena matches.
- New advanced server launch features: Customize your premium match in more ways than before. Toggle power-ups, runes, damage through floors, ramp jumping, change gravity, weapon switch speed, and quad damage factor. More server settings will be available in future updates.
- 20 New Premium Awards: Premium and Pro users now have 20 new awards to set their sights on.
- Added Awards to Recognize Past Events: QuakeCon 2008, 2009, 2010; DreamHack Summer 2010; IEM5 NA, IEM5 Gamescom
- New employee awards for playing alongside the Quake Live staff.
- Fixed Default Values: Found and resolved the issue that was causing some default values to be improperly set. New users or existing users who use the 'Reset Settings Defaults' will now have the correct default values for: autoswitch, color1, color2, forceEnemyModel, fov, hitbeep, sensitivity, and rate.
- Changed training process: The once-mandatory match against Crash has been completely removed. New players are now placed in an assessment period before skill matching begins to take place.
- Various back-end changes to improve search-engine visibility and optimizations. This will eventually allow Google and other search engines to index the whole site, including player profiles.
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.