Diablo 2 1.04 Available, Major Bugs Fixed
9:13 AM | Lucian Fong | Comment on this story
Late last night, Blizzard released version 1.04 of the realtime RPG Diablo 2 through their Battle.net gaming service. It contains many bug fixes and gameplay improvements, proving that Blizzard does indeed listen closely to the feedback they get from end-users and fan sites. Here is a list of just some of the major gameplay fixes Blizzard included in this patch; the readme file included with the patch has a complete list.
Be sure and post your experiences with the new version in our Troubleshooting forum.
- The Prismatic amulet, Coral ring, and other Horadric Cube recipe items no longer change into other items upon starting a new game.
- Lances, Holy Water Sprinklers, Grim Helms, War Clubs, and Stilettos can now be dropped by monsters and chests.
- Using the Paladin Charge skill as a monster dies cannot generate a
"zero hit-point" monster.
- Barbarian's Whirlwind and Leap Attack and Paladin's Charge no longer keep all inventory items red and unusable after attack ends.
- A "dead, but alive" bug has been fixed.
- Equipping a barbarian with a two-handed sword or with a shield while
holding two two-handed swords will no longer cause disconnection from
- Fixed a bug that prevented damage-enhancing magic properties from
working properly on bows.
- Closed a loophole that could allow a player to declare hostility on
anyone regardless of where the declarer is.
- Closed a loophole that could allow a player to run around too fast.
- Closed a loophole that allowed a player to equip and use an item that
was beyond the character's ability.
Blizzard will post the patch for downloading without connecting to Battle.net in the near future, and supposedly the bug with Realm characters has been resolved.
Diablo II 1.0.4 Patch Information at Blizzard
Diablo II Review
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
Diablo II (add to watch list)
Buy Diablo II
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, December 18, 2000
Friday, December 15, 2000
Thursday, December 14, 2000
Wednesday, December 13, 2000
Tuesday, December 12, 2000
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.