Third BlizzCon Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 6 comments
Blizzard Entertainment, has announced plans for its third BlizzCon gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on October 10 and 11. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment’s Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo franchises. In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, this year’s event has expanded from two convention halls to three.
“Whenever we ’ve been able to meet and interact with Blizzard gamers from around the world, it ’s been a great experience for us, ”stated Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We ’re looking forward to seeing even more of our players at this year ’s BlizzCon and delivering another entertaining and informative event for them. ”Tickets for BlizzCon will go on sale in the next few weeks at a price of $100 USD per person. As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website linked below.
BlizzCon will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:
• Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment releases
• Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
• Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
• Areas and activities devoted to licensed products such as the World of Warcraft ®Trading Card Game
• Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
• Commemorative merchandise based on the Blizzard Entertainment franchises
• A silent auction
• More exciting activities to be announced
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 9, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.