BattleGround Europe Developer Chat Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
A recent chat with developers of World War II Online: Battleground Europe is now available for download from the official website. During the discussion the developers answered a variety of player questions about the game's engine and damage model.
An improved version of the original WWII Online, Battleground Europe is an online multiplayer war game which features air, sea, and ground units engaged in massive real time battles. The game's environment contains over 600 cities.
Close to 100 people logged in to discuss the damage model. Players peppered DOC with so many meaty questions that the chat lasted nearly 2 hours! Head over to the site below to download the MP3 file and listen to the full discussion.
Battleground Europe: Rat Chat #3
Topics covered included:
• How rounds are tracked post penetration
• How fires and explosions work
• Why "overmatch" isn't modeled
• What is going to be changed or improved in the future regarding ATG models
• Bailing out and what it means within the vehicle spawning part of the game engine
• Visual damage models and how they work
Strategy First (add to watch list)
Cornered Rat Software (add to watch list)
World War II Online (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
Friday, April 4, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.