Final NWN Update In Beta Testing
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 12 comments
Years after its original release Bioware's Neverwinter Nights is still receiving updates. Version 1.69, said to be the final patch, is currently in beta testing. The hefty patch weighs in at a whopping 350+ megabytes. It will be the largest official free update ever released for the game.
In addition to a host of bug fixes the update will feature a dragon's hoard of content additions including horses, horsemanship feats, trident weapon feats, and the Purple Dragon Knight prestige class.
Here's a list of some of the content planned for NWN 1.69:
- New Purple Dragon Knight Prestige ClassAccording to Bioware representatives the likelihood of NWN 1.69 being in Universal Binary format is low, although a UB version may be released at some future date.
- 8 New Tilesets
- 17 New Music Tracks
- New Creatures (over 100 new appearances)
- New Placeables (nearly 350)
- New Visual Effects (over 100)
- Added missing Trident weapon feats. Tridents are now classified as a "Martial" weapon, rather than a simple weapon.
Those interested in participating in the beta testing will need the original NWN as well as both expansions. Check out the links below for more information.
NWN Forums: Mac 1.69 Beta Available
NWN Mac 1.69.8101 Beta
Buy Neverwinter Nights
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.