WoW: Soundtrack Now Available, New Battleground Info
9:49 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Have you ever danced with a Tauren in the pale moonlight? If not, then Blizzard may have the music you need to set the right mood. Yesterday the company announced the release of the World of Warcraft soundtrack. Available for purchase at their online store, the soundtrack features 30 different tracks pulled straight from the game.
Blizzard also released some new information about the upcoming battleground, Arathi Basin. Scheduled for inclusion in the next patch for the game, the battleground enlists players in a race to see whether Horde or Alliance can gather the most ore. A new rewards page lists items available only to players who have accumulated reputation points with their faction by skillful play in the new battleground.
Here are a few details about Arathi Basin:
* Both sides of up to 15 players each compete to occupy the five resource nodes spread throughout Arathi Basin.To learn more about the new soundtrack and battleground click the links below.
* Each claimed node generates resources for the owning team. The more nodes your team controls, the quicker you gain natural resources. The first team that gains 2,000 resources wins.
* Both the winning and losing team earn honor after completing an Arathi Basin Battleground, as accumulated resources translate directly into bonus honor for players. Even if you don't win the Battleground, you walk away with honor.
* As players compete, they will improve their reputation with the Defilers or League of Arathor, thereby earning many new and powerful rewards.
* Arathi Basin is banded by level. The minimum level to join is 20, and different instances will spawn for players between levels 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60.
Arathi Basin Rewards
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
World of Warcraft (add to watch list)
Buy World of Warcraft
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Monday, August 22, 2005
Friday, August 19, 2005
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.