HIARCS, High-powered Chess Coming to OS X
9:31 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
The folks behind Sigma Chess and HIARCS are teaming up to create what they think will be the best, most powerful chess game for OS X. Going by the name Sigma Chess 6.1, the title will feature the GUI interface of Sigma coupled with the HIARCS chess engine to create a game capable of playing at World Class Championship levels.
Some of the engine's listed features are as follows:
The final release will be available in 3 versions, including a lite version, a regular version, and a pro version. More details can be found at Sigma GameWare's site.
- Suitable for all players from absolute beginners to World Chess Championship strength (1250 Elo – 2750+ Elo!).
- Can play at any chess strength you set in Elo offering a challenging learning experience for all players.
- Monitors your play and measures your progress in Elo including Elo history graph and statistics.
- Endgame database support of Nalimov tablebases up to 6 pieces for perfect play in the endgame.
- Unlimited levels and time controls including Casual, Blitz, Active, Fischer and Tournament.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, December 17, 2004
Thursday, December 16, 2004
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Tuesday, December 14, 2004
Monday, December 13, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.