Aspyr Game Agent Released
8:06 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Aspyr has created a new utility to help users in regards to system requirements for Aspyr's titles. Called Aspyr Game Agent, this application allows folks to easily check their hardware configuration, which is done automatically, and compare it to various Aspyr titles. Aspyr Game Agent will let users know how well a game will run on their system, and will also offer advice on how to upgrade a computer that fails to meet system requirements.
Some of the listed features include:
Aspyr notes that they plan on the continued upgrade of Game Agent in the future. A screenshot is available at Aspyr's site and available for download at Macgamefiles.com.
Aspyr: Aspyr Game Agent
- Automatically checks user's Mac configuration to tell them which games they can play
- Automatically updates its list of Aspyr games and system requirements each time the user runs the application
- Plain English summary of why users can't play a game (ex. "This game requires Mac OS X 10.3.4, you have 10.2.8") and optional detailed/technical list of all system requirements and each machine's configuration
- Familiar interface gives fast, easy-to-read results
- Lists minimum and recommended system requirements for each game – if your Mac will run a game but will perform better if you add more RAM, the application will tell you
- User can click on “Info”, “Buy Now” or “Pre-Order Now” buttons to go to the Aspyr web site to get more information on particular games (trailers, demos, etc) or to make a purchase
- Allows user to see which games run on their Mac or on other currently available Macs (a new G5 iMac™, a 2.5 GHz Dual G5 Power Mac®, etc)
- Can automatically download newer versions of the application if one is available
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
MGF: Download Aspyr Game Agent 1.0
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, December 9, 2004
Wednesday, December 8, 2004
Tuesday, December 7, 2004
Monday, December 6, 2004
Friday, December 3, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.