Neverwinter Nights 1.65 Beta Patch Released
8:17 AM | Mike Apps | Comment on this story
Bioware, makers of the hit RPG Neverwinter Nights, today released the Mac version of the latest beta patch to the game. In addition to fixing and adding a number of things to the game, the latest patch should fix problems Mac players had with Bioware's new premium modules. Here's a list of Fixes:
• Added Stormy Skybox to game resources.Please remember that this is a Beta patch, and is not supported by Macsoft or Bioware. For more information, or to download the patch, follow the links below.
Neverwinter Nights 1.65 beta Patch released for Mac
• Fixed a crash that could happen when you had enabled SubNetProfiling (by setting "Enable SubNet Profiling=1" in your nwn.ini file).
• Fixed an issue with server vault saves causing various problems for shifted characters.
• Fixed a crash related to calling GetHasSpell() on spells that have an innate level of 10 in the spells.2da
• Fixed a crash caused by calling SetSkyBox() in a multiplayer game while a player was still on the Character Select screen.
• Slight change of behavior for Attacks Of Opportunity. Now if have an invisibility effect applied (e.g. Invisibility, Sanctuary) you will no longer make attacks of opportunity.
• Another change to AOO behavior. You will no longer take an AOO while you are using a healing kit.
• Circle Kick should no longer try to target creatures that you can not reach (which was making you become flat footed).
• Whirlwind attack will no longer leave you stuck in combat mode after using it. You will now also try to reaquire your original target after a Whirlwind attack (may not succeed if your target is now dead or gone).
• Damage Shields (e.g. Mestil's Acid Sheath ) now affect the melee attacker when the attacker hits the creature that has a damage shield (rather than only when they damage the shielded creature).
• Fixed an issue where respawning encounters would stop working under certain circumstances when saving and reloading the game.
• Fixed an issue with unlimited ammo not being identified when you equipped a weapon that had the unlimited ammo property.
• Fixed an issue with some single shot traps not applying damage correctly.
• Fixed a crash that would occur when an NPC tried to drop a container on the ground.
• Fixed an issue with True Seeing being removed incorrectly when you had mutliple True Seeing effects stacked and only one of them was supposed to be removed.
• Fixed an issue with some effects from Haste (extra attacks and spell casting benefits) not being updated correctly when you had multiple haste effects applied and only one of them was removed. Fixed the same issue for multiple Slow effects as well.
• Fixed an issue with size modifiers affecting your attack bonus when making Knockdown attacks. The size modifiers now only affect the opposed roll to resist the Knockdown attack.
• Effects being dispelled should now properly use the caster level when determining whether the dispel succeeds or not
• Fixed an issue with the Epic Dodge feedback messages for melee attacks that were being evaded.
• Fixed an issue where your screen could become permanently blacked out under certain circumstances after unpossessing a familiar that was inside an AOE darkness effect.
• Fixed some issues where the Darkness spell, when combined with Ultravision/True Seeing, could under specific circumstances incorrectly make you blind when your Ultravision/True Seeing wore off.
• Fixed "On Hit: Sleep" item property, so that it works again.
• Made some fixes to prevent game/character hacking. Sorry, but we will never publicly discuss specific changes to the game with regards to hacking the game.
BioWare (add to watch list)
MacSoft (add to watch list)
Neverwinter Nights (add to watch list)
MGF Neverwinter Nights 1.65b2
Buy Neverwinter Nights
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, December 7, 2004
Monday, December 6, 2004
Friday, December 3, 2004
Thursday, December 2, 2004
Wednesday, December 1, 2004
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.