For the gamer who is looking for the ultimate in performance, the new RADEON X850 XT Platinum Edition, RADEON X850 XT and RADEON X850 PRO products are a dream come true.The RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition for the PC will begin shipping immediately and the full family of RADEON X800-series products will be available by the end of the year.
With an astounding 16 and 12 pixel pipe configurations with a 256-bit memory interface, the X850 XT PE is clocked at 540MHz and the other two cards come in at 520MHz. This card is sure to be on every hardcore gamers Christmas wish list, the only question that remains, is will this card be available before Christmas? As this is only a paper release and no actual shipments have been delivered, but if ATI is capable of hitting the shelves before the holiday season, expect a nice jump in their stock.
Other technologies and capabilities on this card include:
• 3Dc™ technology for increased performance and improved image detail;
• GDDR3 memory for lightning fast memory speeds;
• VIDEOSHADER™ HD with programmable video performance;
• Flexible multi-display options, including dual-DVI for customers using multiple flat panel displays; and
• VIVO (video-in, video-out) options for customers wanting to take advantage of the amazing multimedia and video-capture capabilities of the VPUs.
ATI recently unveiled the Mac version of the X800 at the Digital Life Expo in New York City. No release date for the X800 Mac Edition has been announced yet.