Northmark: Hour Of The Wolf Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Rake in Grass recently announced work on a new card based role playing game, Northmark: Hour of the Wolf. In the fantasy title players can take the role of a warrior, mage, or druid as they seek to investigate a mystery that threatens their homeland.
Experience all the thrills of adventure in Northmark: Hour of the Wolf, a card-based RPG. Choose to become a mighty warrior, cunning mage or powerful druid as you fight for glory and survival in arena combat. Explore every corner of the kingdom from fiery deserts to deep forests and cold mountain peaks and Journey to the kingdoms of the elves and dwarves.Northmark: Hour of the Wolf is scheduled for Mac, Windows, and iPad release in October 2012.
Rake in Grass (add to watch list)
But beware! Danger waits at every turn as you investigate the chilling mystery that threatens your homeland. Can you defeat assassins, thieves and hideous monsters? And who is the enigmatic stranger known only as The Wolf? Find out in Northmark: Hour of the Wolf.
The main features:
- Adventure across the lands of Northmark.
- Enjoy an original battle system featuring over 180 beautiful cards.
- Fight for honour, glory... and gold.
- Save your homeland from the plot that threatens to overwhelm it.
- Battle in the arena, or fight for your life against powerful assassins, hideous monsters and mighty warriors.
- Journey from the cold mountain peaks to the desert wastes and deep forests.
- Explore great cities, lost ruins and the ancient mystic sites sacred to the druids and elves.
- Grow more powerful as you find the best battle tactics.
- Become the greatest hero Northmark has ever known
- you know it's your destiny!
Northmark: Hour Of The Wolf (add to watch list)
Northmark Game Trailer
Buy Northmark: Hour Of The Wolf
Brian Fargo 'Kicking Ass' On Wasteland 2
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 6 comments
GamesIndustry.biz has posted a new interview with inXile Entertainment's Brian Fargo. The developer discussed progress on the company's upcoming Wasteland 2 in light of its freedom from "corporate interruption." A sequel to the classic post-apocalyptic RPG of the 80's, Wasteland 2 will be a top down, turn-based, tactical RPG that the developers promise will "stay true to its roots."
"We've been working on Wasteland 2 for about 100 days, with no distractions from any kind of corporate overlord," he said. "We have hundreds of pages of design done, we have our first music in, we have our basic UI up-and-running, and we've taken our first screenshots.For the full interview follow the link below.
GamesIndustry.biz: Brian Fargo Discusses Wasteland 2
"The bottom line is that, without any interruption, we're kicking ass."
"People ask why we chose Unity, and it has a lot of technical positives, but really, for me, it came down to the store, the communication and the sharing of knowledge. That's the real power of Unity; it's not the technical aspects. You can't beat the crowd."
The current build of Wasteland 2 uses 49 different assets from Unity's Asset Store, and Fargo expects that number to reach 500 by the time the game ships. This sharing of expertise has allowed InXile to make rapid progress, and get the most out of its budget.
Wasteland 2 (add to watch list)
Bringing Empire Total War To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Mac|Life has posted a new interview with Feral Interactive's Edwin Smith about the company's soon to be released Mac version of Empire: Total War Gold Edition. In the interview the developer discussed the effort involved in bringing the RTS title to Mac gamers.
Are there any features or elements to this release of Empire: Total War that are specific to the Mac version?Empire: Total War Gold Edition is scheduled to be released on September 13. Read more of the interview at the link below.
Mac|Life: Edwin Smith On Empire Total War
In terms of content, the Mac version comes with every bit of extra content (The Warpath Campaign, and four unit packs, the Special Forces Units and the†Elite Units of the East, West and America) pre-installed.†There are also Mac-exclusive features that we add into all our games wherever possible, such as screenshots that include metadata. We also include optional features that allow players to customize their gaming setup, for example one that automatically pauses iTunes when users start playing, and one that automatically updates usersí iChat status.
We also include an automated support system in our games. Although we donít expect anyone to experience problems, if something does go wrong, we want their support experience to be as quick, simple, and hassle free as possible.
Were there any specific hurdles that you encountered while working on bringing Empire: Total War to Mac?
All games have their own special hurdles, and Empireís was definitely its size! Not only does the Mac version contain all the downloadable content, but the game itself is absolutely huge. Testing all the different scenarios and campaigns was a massive task.
The engine was also drastically upgraded with a new graphics renderer between Rome and Empire, so the code wasnít that similar between the two. Often, games in the same series have similar code, which aids the porting process if you do them both. Empire was the first game in the series that used the massively updated graphics renderer, so it took a little time to get working perfectly on the Mac.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
Empire: Total War Gold Edition (add to watch list)
Buy Empire: Total War Gold Edition
Torchlight II Release Date Announcement This Friday
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
Runic Games has announced that it will reveal the release date for its upcoming action RPG, Torchlight II, on Friday of this week during the PAX Prime event. In addition to a variety of monster types to slay and items to gather the sequel will introduce cooperative multiplayer action, a new user interface, and random dungeons.
Here's your PAX Guide to Torchlight II:The Mac version is planned for release sometime after the Windows version. Learn more at the link below.
Torchlight II: PAX Announcements
And yes, we will be announcing the official launch date of Torchlight II on Friday morning. Look for it here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. We'll see you then!
- Come see us at booth 1220 in the 4th floor Expo Hall, next to WB/Turbine! Here is a handy map!
- We have 8 stations. We are prepared for a line, and want to give you the heads up that if that happens, we'll have devs on hand keeping play time to about 10-15 minutes, so everyone gets a session.
- We're on two panels this year about the FUTURE! Max is on a panel sponsored by MMORPG, and we have our own panel about the Future of PC Gaming featuring Max, Travis, Patrick Wyatt from ArenaNet, and Steve Goldstein from Stubbs, Alderton, and Marks. Grab your crystal ball and meet us there! Here are the details for both:
- Max on the Future of MMOs
- Max and Travis on the Future of PC Games
- We expect to see some awesome entries in the first ever Torchlight cosplay contest. The winner gets an armor set named after them! Put the finishing touches on those ember backpacks!
Runic Games (add to watch list)
Torchlight II (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, August 24, 2012
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Monday, August 20, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.