Empire: Total War Gold Edition Marches September 13
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Feral Interactive today announced a September 13 release date for Empire: Total War Gold Edition, developed by The Creative Assembly and published by SEGA for Windows. The Mac version includes Empire: Total War, the Warpath Campaign DLC, The four Special Forces Units and Elite Units DLC packs, as well as all the updates and improvements.
Command the seas, conquer the land, build an Empire.Empire: Total War Gold Edition is available for pre-order now. Learn more at the links below.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
An epic game of real-time tactics which combines turn-based empire building with massive 3D real-time battles on land and at sea. Charged with the fortunes of a nation, you must use diplomacy, trade and military force to establish it as the dominant power of the 18th Century.
Decide the strategy behind the development and expansion of your empire. Expand your borders through conquest or diplomatic cunning. Conquer overseas territories to establish colonies and profitable trade networks. Take command of the battlefield and patrol the open seas to defeat your enemies and shape the contours of history.
Requirements (subject to change):
- Empire: Total War Gold Edition contains all game updates, improvements and downloadable content, including The Warpath Campaign and four unit packs: the Special Forces Units and the Elite Units of the East, West and America.
- Rule one of 12 nations from Europe, America and the Indian subcontinent, and govern your fledgling empire across a massive campaign map.
- Set the strategy, dictate the tactics and command your troops during battles involving thousands of soldiers.
- Take to the high seas and lead war fleets bristling with cannon in superb recreations of 18th Century naval warfare.
- Experience combat in astonishing detail using full camera control to zoom in on accurate character animations.
- Forge alliances, share knowledge and negotiate trade routes as you engage in diplomacy with other nations.
- Research new technologies to make your enterprises more profitable and improve your armaments.
- Compete online in an enormous multiplayer mode.
- Play as George Washington in the revolutionary campaign Road to Independence and lead the Continental army against the might of the British Empire.
- Recreate landmark battles from one of the most turbulent periods of world history, including Bunker Hill, Fontenoy and Rossbach.
- Processor: 2.0Ghz (2.4Ghz Recommended)
- OS: Mac OS X 10.7.4
- RAM: 4.0GB
- Free Space: 15.0GB
- Graphics: 256MB (512MB Recommended)
- Accessories: Keyboard & Mouse (Multi-Button Mouse Recommended)
- Notes - The following cards are NOT supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
Empire: Total War Gold Edition (add to watch list)
Buy Empire: Total War Gold Edition
Transcripted Coming Soon, Website Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
TopWare Interactive has unveiled a website for the upcoming puzzle-shooter from TopWare and Alkemi Games, Transcripted. The website features information, screenshots and a trailer for the game. Transcripted combines elements of shooter and matching gameplay, putting players in control of a Nano Probe and tasking them with destroying a deadly disease.
Though humanity has always believed itself to be at the top of the food chain, the more microscopic hierarchies of life are what truly hold the powers of life and death. Disease is the greatest threat to the future of our species, even more so than famine, and as rapid population growth continues hand-in-hand with ever-increasing comforts and quality of life, it is only a matter of time before some unstoppable disease evolves with the potential to annihilate us.Transcripted is set to release for Mac, Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 "very soon" as a downloadable title.
That day has come. A new disease has been discovered in your laboratory, spreading faster than modern methods of quarantine and treatment can hope to contain. As traditional medicine has almost no effect on this terrifying, unidentified xeno-virus, you’ve been tasked with driving what may well be humanity’s last, single hope in defeating the outbreak of the disease before it reaches epidemic proportions: the Nano Probe. Armed with cutting-edge weapons from laser canons to homing missiles, the Nano Probe is a microscopic, experimental precision surgical instrument that enters infected cells to hunt down and destroy pathogens, all while being remotely controlled from outside the body. You, and the Nano Probe, are all that stands between us and total extinction.
A retro arcade shooter at its core, the gameplay also features classic match three puzzle elements, rejuvenating both of these well-explored genres with ingenuity and addictive simplicity. Transcripted transports players into the tiniest battlefield of all, the perpetual war zone of the human body, to fight off a deadly virus that if allowed to propagate and spread could destroy our entire species. But all hope is not lost, as new tech research is constantly being implemented, allowing players to upgrade the Nano Probe’s weapons, chassis, shields, and energy systems, ensuring that any evolutionary escalation done by the virus does not remain one-sided. Players must guide the Nano-Probe and its weapons with the objective of disrupting the virus’s slow-coiling pseudo-DNA strand, a colorful chain that can only be broken by matching three or more nucleotide cubes of identical color. Stopping an infection is no easy task, and the virus will create many brutal, monstrous mutations to stop the Nano Probe dead in its tracks… cue the game’s unforgettable boss battles, which will require both a sharp wit and razor-honed reflexes to overcome.
Two separate difficulty settings, one for puzzle elements and another for shooting, make Transcripted a game of literally endless possibility and replay value.
Head over to the site linked below to learn more.
Transcripted (add to watch list)
Warhammer Online Comes To Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | 9 comments
Warhammer Online is available now for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The game features Realm vs Realm combat and allows players to enter a grim fantasy world where the armies of Order and Destruction collide to determine the fate of nations.
Experience the glory of Realm vs. Realm! Declare your allegiance and join hundreds of thousands of mighty heroes on the battlefields of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning to experience the epic nature of war. Enter a grim fantasy world where the armies of Order (Dwarfs, High Elves, and Empire) and Destruction (Greenskins, Dark Elves, and Chaos) collide to determine the fate of nations. Invade enemy lands, besiege imposing fortresses, and sack sprawling capital cities for the glory of your Realm. Wield devastating magic and deadly weapons, battle monstrous creatures, and join your brothers-in-arms in epic Public Quests. Climb the Bastion Stair, carry your Guild Banner into battle, and unlock the secrets of the Tome of Knowledge as you travel the world. Sharpen your blade and prepare to unleash your inner mutation - the Age of Reckoning has begun and WAR IS EVERYWHERE!Warhammer Online is available now for $19.95 (USD).
Mythic Entertainment (add to watch list)
- Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay means you will never fight alone, but as part of an army of allied players sworn to defend your homeland and conquer enemy Realms. Your every action - every quest completed, every battle fought - contributes to the war effort and can turn the tide of battle, bringing victory to your Realm!
- Experience the camaraderie of fighting side-by-side with allied players against otherwise insurmountable odds in groundbreaking Public Quests. These cooperative PvE encounters unfold across multiple stages and allow solo players to experience the glory of RvR.
- Embark on the endless quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, new abilities and rewards, and major story plotlines. The Tome is also the story of your life in the game, tracking your achievements to share and compare with others.
- Explore massive Living Cities that become more or less prosperous based on a Realm's overall performance in the ongoing war. Navigate a maze of twisting streets, visit the local tavern, explore a dark under-city, and meet colorful personalities in a city full of adventure.
- Advanced guild features give unprecedented control to leaders and members, and make guilds an integral part of the war efforts. Guilds can create unique heraldry, capture and claim keeps, and earn Guild Tactics as they grow in power along with their members.
- OS: Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later
- Processor: Intel Mac
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Drive: 15 GB
- NVIDIA GeForce series (7300, 7600, 8600, 8800, 9400M, 9600M, GT 120, GT 130), ATI Radeon™ series (X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600, 3870, HD 4850, HD 4870). This game will NOT run on the Intel GMA 950 or X3100 class of integrated video cards.
TransGaming (add to watch list)
Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning (add to watch list)
Pre-Order Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning
Wasteland 2 Enemy Portrait Revealed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
In a Twitter post InXile Entertainment's Brian Fargo recently revealed an enemy portrait from the company's upcoming Wasteland 2 RPG. The art reveals a vicious dog that players may encounter in their travels. Much like its classic post-apocalyptic predecessor, the game will center around the exploits of a band of desert rangers struggling to keep order in a world recovering from disaster.
Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to the first ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG. The original Wasteland was the inspiration for the FALLOUT series of games, and the first RPG to allow players to split parties for tactical considerations, to face players with moral choices, and to make them deal with the consequences of their actions. It was the first to provide far more than the one-key-for-one-lock style of puzzle solving. It was groundbreaking, which is why IGN named it one of the top 25 PC games of all time, Computer Gaming World named it the Adventure Game of the year in 1988, and it was short-listed for inclusion in the Smithsonian Institution’s current “Art of the Computer Game” exhibition.Click on the image at right to see a larger version of the portrait, and read more at the links below.
Wasteland 2 Enemy Portrait
Wasteland was set in a dangerous, post-apocalyptic world in the American Southwest. Over the course of adventures rangers would receive promotions, acquire new skills and equipment, then face new challenges with outcomes that changed depending on the strategy used to defeat them. The game featured a strong storyline which required painful decisions by players; and a storyline that allowed for maximum re-playability. Wasteland 2, with your participation and insights, will recapture all that and provide more. It'll finally be the game worthy to be a Wasteland sequel, as challenging and rewarding as the original, with all added capacity and dazzle of games today.
Wasteland 2 (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Monday, August 20, 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.