Loren: Amazon Princess Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Winter Wolves recently released its latest RPG, Loren: Amazon Princess. Players take the role of either Saren or Elenor as they attempt to aid the princess Loren discover what happened to her missing mother, Queen Karen. The game features a detailed turn-based battle system, the ability to manage a full party of characters, a variety of powerful skills to use, and a horde of monsters to battle.
Queen Karen has disappeared! Join the Amazon Princess Loren in her journey to find what happened to her mother.Loren: Amazon Princess is available now for $24.99, a price which gives access to the Mac, Windows, and Linux versions of the RPG.
Loren: Amazon Princess (add to watch list)
Play as Saren or Elenor, fight monsters, discover new places, find romance and defeat the evil Fost!
- Old school battle system: the core of the game, the battle system is turn based and it's extremely detailed offering lots of strategic options, but at same time easy to pick up, thanks to the user-friendly interface
- Original Soundtrack: composed by Matthew Myers and performed by Cristina Vee (available in the final release)
- Detailed inventory system: manage a full party of characters, equip weapons, armors and jewellery
- Skills-based RPG: discover all the powerful skills of each one of the 13 recruitable characters. Each character has a unique specialization skilltree
- High replayability: make choices that will have an impact in the story and the final outcome!
- Lots of romance options: as either Elenor or Saren you can experience 12 unique romances, including all possible gender combinations
- Epic setting: fight an army of demons, undead and other mythical creatures while collecting money and glory!
- Beautiful artwork: featuring manga artwork, hand drawn backgrounds and a charming user interface and icons
- Huge map and story: travel across the region of Aravorn, from snowy mountains to desolate deserts, from vampire-infested castles to lizard-infested swamps!
IMG Reviews Civilization V: Korea DLC
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Inside Mac Games has posted a review of Aspyr Media's Civilization V: Civilization and Scenario Pack - Korea. The add-on content features a new scenario to conquer and the introduction of the Korean civilization.
Here's an excerpt:
As with any Civilization in this game, each comes with a special ability. For Korea this special ability is called Scholars of the Jade Hall. The special aids development in Science and Technology. All Great Person tile improvements gain science at a much faster rate then other civilizations. Also, every science related building constructed will give your civilization a “tech-boost,” pushing you along the Research and Development tree quickly. While many will be satisfied by the normal rate of technologies being discovered, the rate at which the Koreans unlock new technologies will leave all the competition behind.Read the full review at the link below.
IMG Review: Civilization V Korea DLC
Civilization V: Korea (add to watch list)
Buy Civilization V: Korea
Portal 2: Perpetual Testing Initiative Trailer Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Valve has released a new trailer showcasing its upcoming free DLC for Portal 2. Titled Perpetual Testing Initiative, the add-on will feature an easy-to-use in-game map editor that will let users design, build, and share their own single-player and co-op test chambers with the community.
The "Perpetual Testing Initiative" allows players to easily create, share, and play Portal 2 puzzles. The Initiative comes with a simplified puzzle maker that allows that creation of mind-bending puzzles without ever leaving the game.The Perpetual Testing Intiative is scheduled to be released on May 8. For more information about the game and the update follow the link below.
Portal 2 DLC Trailer
The puzzle maker can directly publish maps to the Steam Workshop where users can browse, vote on, and select to play them. Selected puzzles will automatically be downloaded and installed inside Portal 2.
Valve Software (add to watch list)
Portal 2 (add to watch list)
Quake Live Free Premium Week Showcases New Pro Content
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Bethesda Softworks and id Software have announced the release of Premium Pak 12, a new update for Quake Live. The update focuses on Pro and Premum subscribers, giving Pro Start-a-Match players five new game modes, a new Start-a-Match interface that offers in-depth match customization options, more than 200 customization settings, and four new premium arenas.
To showcase the new additions all Quake Live premium content is free through Sunday, May 6th. During the Free Premium Week, new Premium and Pro subscribers will receive one or two free two-week Pro Subscription Tokens which can be redeemed to extend their subscription, or gifted to a friend.
The Free Premium Week content includes:Learn more at the site linked below.
New Game Modes:
- Over 50 Premium Arenas
- 6 Premium Game Modes
- All Premium in-game Features
- No payment or credit card required
- Attack & Defend: Teams alternate between offensive and defensive roles, taking turns at infiltrating the enemy base to steal their flag or eliminate the enemy team while trying.
- Domination: Two teams must fight to capture and hold a series of command points to score points.
- Harvester: Team game where members of each team collect skulls of fallen opponents and take them to the enemy base for points before getting fragged by the enemy team.
- One Flag: A neutral flag spawns in the middle of the arena, and two teams fight for its possession so that they may run it into the enemy base for capturing.
- Red Rover: A mix between Clan Arena and Free For All, when you frag a player on the opposing team, they switch to your team and help you hunt down the remaining enemies. The round ends when all players are on the same team. The player with the highest score at the end of 10 rounds of play is the winner!
New Premium Arenas:
- Camper Crossings: Inspired by perennial favorite Campgrounds, the middle ground of Camper features the iconic jump pad taking you from bottom to top in an instant. Once you move into the bases things start to look a little less familiar, with three hallways to bring you into the flag room. Attackers will find themselves either dropping down or jumping up to reach the flag, with a hallway behind the stand that can be taken advantage of by both teams. An acceleration pad in the base allows attackers to fly across the flag room, or to be used as clay pigeons and be railed out of the air.
- Cliffside: First seen in Quake Arena Arcade, Cliffside takes place on a mountaintop above the clouds. Combining Gothic themes with the open areas seen in maps like Longest Yard, Cliffside is definitely one of the most gorgeous maps in QUAKE LIVE to date. A castle featuring a smattering of rooms faces an island that holds the Railgun. Keep an eye out when indoors for the Quad Damage; you’ll need to do a slight rocket jump to reach it. The island also features an Invulnerability sphere, which can be deployed most humorously while midair in a jumpad, to send people, including yourself, falling to their death.
- Jumpwerkz: Also debuting in QUAKE LIVE from Quake Arena Arcade, Jumpwerkz is a fast CTF arena with an open flag room. The highlight of the arena is the two tunnels in the middle, built into a large concrete structure. These acceleration pads provide a super-fast path to propel players onto the top decks of the bases, while a slower, more manual route is available by dropping down and taking the low route. Jumpwerkz is a pretty simple design, leaving a lot of room to maneuver around the space.
- Space Camp: Included as a bonus, is the April Fool’s 2011 arena, Space Camp. This is a version of the popular Campgrounds arena mirrored, and set in space, with a new weapon layout.
id Software (add to watch list)
Quake Live (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 30, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.