TransGaming Brings Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 13 comments
Sony Online Entertainment and LucasArts, in collaboration with TransGaming, have announced that Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, a free-to-play family-friendly online virtual world, is now available for Mac users. The browser-based game gives players the chance to experience the world of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series from Cartoon Network.
"The demand for game content on the Mac platform has increased significantly, and we are excited to bring our games to this growing audience," said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. "Through our collaboration with TransGaming, Mac and PC players are able to play together seamlessly on both Free Realms™ and now Clone Wars Adventures, and we will continue to look for opportunities with future games to do the same."Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up. Learn more at the site below.
TransGaming (add to watch list)
Clone Wars Adventures is the ultimate virtual destination for fans of the TV series where players go online to experience fun mini-games, daily activities, events, rewards, lively social environments, and competitions. Players can battle alongside their favorite Star Wars characters like Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. It is updated every week with new content pulled from that week's new episode.
In addition to weekly updates in Clone Wars Adventures, Mac players who log in today will experience the Star Wars holiday season: the Orto Plutonia for Life Day, which brings a host of holiday decorations to the virtual world. Players can collect Life Day Orbs from around the Jedi Temple for rewards or wear Life Day Robes and collect presents from the Gifting Tree. Clone Trooper nutcrackers, Clone Snowtrooper outfits, Droid garland and many more festive items will also be available for purchase in the Marketplace.
Star Wars: Clone War Adventures offers a number of additional features, including:
- Extending the Fantasy: Kids no longer have to wait until the next episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series to continue exploring and enjoying the Star Wars® universe. With Clone Wars Adventures, kids can go online to experience exciting thrills as they duel iconic adversaries with their own custom Lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in a Starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships.
- Free Play or Upgrades: Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly Jedi Membership subscription for $5.99. Players can also purchase cool Star Wars universe items from within the game through micro-transactions using Station Cash™, SOE's virtual currency.
- Minigames and More: From Droid Programming to Speeder Bike Racing, Clone Wars Adventures puts players in the driver's seat as they experience epic action in immersive mini-games that take them to favorite locations in the Star Wars galaxy. In the game, players can become the proud owner of a tricked-out Droid pet or even throw a party in their player house.
- Fun With Friends: Whether players are on adventures with old friends or competing for leaderboard status with new ones, Clone Wars Adventures is a lively virtual world that connects players in fun and safe ways. Players can show off achievements in their Trophy Room, use safe chat and emoticons to express themselves and celebrate in-world events with the entire galaxy.
- Kid-Friendly: Parental controls allow for the customization of safety options, including pre-canned chat and playtime settings for younger players.
- Retail Package: The Clone Wars Adventures Galactic Passport is now available at retail locations in North America and will include a 90-day Jedi Membership subscription, 500 Station Cash, the ability to unlock the Togruta playable character, a Yoda monitor topper, and more.
Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (add to watch list)
Blizzard's Cataclysm Sells 3.3 Million+ Copies In 24 Hours
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment has announced that World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the third expansion for the company's MMO juggernaut, sold through more than 3.3 million copies in its first 24 hours of release, which breaks the 2.8 million copy in 24 hours record set by Wrath of the Lich King in 2008.
“We had to bring Azeroth to the brink of destruction in Cataclysm, but the result was our best expansion yet,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We want to thank all of our new, existing, and returning players throughout the world for their incredible enthusiasm and support, and we look forward to hearing what they think about all the new content.”Visit the links below for more information about World of Warcraft.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm was simultaneously released in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Europe, Russia, Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand on December 7, and became available in Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on December 9. More than 10,000 stores throughout the world opened their doors at midnight to welcome players who wanted to be among the first to obtain a copy of the expansion. In addition, approximately 15,000 players attended official launch events hosted by Blizzard and key retail partners in the US, Canada, France, Germany, Russia, Sweden, the Netherlands, Spain, the UK, and the region of Taiwan.
Prior to the launch of Cataclysm, World of Warcraft’s subscriber population had grown to more than 12 million players globally, further strengthening the game’s position as the world’s most popular subscription-based MMORPG. More information about the new expansion can be found at the official Cataclysm website.
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (add to watch list)
Heroes Of Newerth 2.0 Launches Today
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Independent game developer S2 Games announced today that HoN 2.0, an upgraded version of the session-based, multiplayer, action-RPG Heroes of Newerth, is now available. The update features enhanced visual and interface elements, a new 3v3 map, a map editor, and a cosmetic items shop, in addition to a new-and-improved Match Making System and the new Casual Mode designed to lower the barrier to entry for new and casual gamers.
“In developing HoN 2.0, we looked to incorporate the feedback from our loyal and growing player base, while continuing to push the envelope of the game experience,” said Marc DeForest, CEO and founder of S2 Games. “With new graphic developments, enhanced features, and infrastructure development, we are confident that existing and new HoN players will get one of the best multiplayer, action-RPG experiences available today.”HoN 2.0 is a free upgrade for all current HoN players. New players can download HoN 2.0 and pay the one-time $30 price at the website below.
S2Games (add to watch list)
HoN 2.0 streamlines the game play experience, enabling faster and shorter games—elevating the HoN platform a step further above DotA. HoN, since its launch earlier this year has garnered a dedicated following, with more than 12.3 million downloads, and an average of more than 230,000 players per day. The team-oriented design of HoN, when combined with the HoN 2.0 upgrades, allows for an incredibly deep tactical team-based experience unlike any other.
Newly added features of HoN 2.0 include:
In addition, HoN 2.0 game enhancements/additions include:
- New Match Making System: This innovative and intuitive feature increases the efficiency of team creation by automatically gathering player statistics and formulating teams, resulting in more fair matches. It minimizes wait time and makes it easier for players to play together on a level playing field.
- Casual Mode: This entirely new mode of play will provide new HoN players and casual gamers with a more “fun,” less punishing way to learn and play HoN. Elements in Casual Mode speed up progression and increase rewards in ways that remain true to the game's core identity, delivering a version that can be embraced by new and veteran players alike.
- New 3v3 Map- Grimm’s Crossing: A new action-packed and exciting map that features a two-way teleporter in the middle area. The map’s terrain, sculpted around the concept of nonstop combat, enables players to get creative and aggressive in exploring new fighting strategies.
- Map Editor: Users can now create and edit maps for enhanced single-player experiences, and users who are inspired to create multi-player maps can submit their map designs to the HoN DREAM website for potential inclusion in HoN.
- HoN In-Game Shop: With Goblin Coin currency, which can be earned or bought, players can purchase in-game brag-worthy cosmetic upgrades such as alternate hero avatars, taunt availability, chat icons and sound packs. The micro-transaction based store, controlled by Merrick the goblin shopkeeper, allows players to customize their experience without affecting game play or degrading the competitive integrity of HoN.
- Interactive Mini-Map: Fresh enhancements include an interactive mini map that lets players quickly view information about an object by rolling over it with the mouse.
- Context-Sensitive Commands: Communicate with teammates by holding ALT and clicking on an object on the map or in the game-world itself to give commands, such as “attack this Hero,” or “defend this tower.” This unit-ping feature also draws visuals around the target to improve team coordination when engaging the enemy.
- End-Game Achievements/Rewards: Account experience and goblin coins will be rewarded at the end of each Matchmaking game, creating a whole new layer of depth and progression. Players may redeem these rewards in the In-Game Shop.
Heroes Of Newerth (add to watch list)
StuntMANIA Reloaded Trailer Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Sector3 Games has released a new trailer showcasing the upcoming StuntMANIA Reloaded racing title. The game is a sequel to the original StuntMANIA, a fast paced stunt driving game which allows players to perform tricks and stunts with a selection of stunt cars on a variety of tracks. Reloaded is described as "like the original StuntMANIA but on MEGA STEROIDS!"
Here is a sneak peek at an early video recording of the Sewers Level in StuntMANIA Reloaded. The car is called nCar, and he is a fast and cool little remote controlled car.Click over to the link below for more.
StuntMANIA Reloaded Trailer
The video is a 5 min game session, just driving around and collecting and doing stuff to show you all the new car physics, *some* of the new tricks, the new coin collection system to unlock cars/levels/game modes and just the general awesome quality of what you can expect in StuntMANIA Reloaded.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.