StarCraft II: Upcoming Zerg Balance Adjustments
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Blizzard Entertainment has posted a new Developer's Corner article about game balance in one on one battles between playable races in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The post focuses on the company's plans to adjust the Zerg race "to make Zerg matchups feel and play better."
Here are a few of the changes we currently have planned:Head over to the link below to read more.
StarCraft II Developer's Corner: 1v1 Game Balance
- We're increasing roach range. This will allow roaches to be more effective in large groups, giving the zerg more options in the mid to end game.
- Fungal Growth will now prevent Blink, which will give zerg a way to stop endlessly Blinking stalkers which can be very challenging to deal with in large numbers.
- The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.
- The reaper speed upgrade will require the Factory, which is meant to weaken a lot of the early terran reaper attacks that dominate so many matches, especially in team games.
- We're making a number of increases to the health of zerg buildings, which will make the very vulnerable zerg technology structures more resistant to raids. We don't expect these hit point changes to have a super significant impact on the game, but the current numbers felt way too low.
StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
Buy StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
Jay Wilson Discusses Diablo III Development
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Eurogamer recently posted the results of an interview with Blizzard Entertainment's Jay Wilson about Diablo III, the upcoming continuation of its action RPG franchise. The developer discussed a vareity of topics related to the game including the Artisan crafting system, control complexity, and the tone of the storyline. Diablo III will return the players to the world of Sanctuary, once again under threat from demonic powers.
Eurogamer: Can you give us an idea of the tone we can expect in the story, relative to the previous games?Read the full article at the link below.
Eurogamer: Diablo III Interview
Jay Wilson: Well, one of the things that we talked a lot about when we started the project was... Look at the tone of Diablo II's summaries of their story. There's a lot of talk about destroying evil for all time, take out Diablo and then evil's dead forever. I felt like that was a terribly arrogant idea that only humans would have; only humans would think that you could destroy evil forever.
That was the first hook that we talked about. What we really wanted was the idea of a story where we do have some time away, it's about 20 years later, and things have actually gotten better because evil's been "destroyed". But the truth is that it's actually all just been a ruse, it's all part of the plan. It's really just making sure everyone's nice and complacent for the real war that's coming.
So that's really the tone, and that's one of the reasons why, towards the beginning of the game, the game looks nicer. But by the end of the game, it won't look nice at all.
Buy Diablo III
LEGO Universe Founders Release Offers Pre-Order Play
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
The LEGO Group has announced that LEGO Universe is now live as a Founders Release for those who pre-ordered the game through LEGO sales channels. Those in the early play group will get two weeks to enjoy the game before the official U.S. launch on October 26.
The MMO will allow players to create their own custom LEGO minifigure and venture forth to combat the Maelstrom, join with friends to complete missions, and collect bricks to build imaginative creations. The Mac version is powered by TransGaming's Cider Portability Engine.
LEGO Universe brings the LEGO play experience online in the first MMOG – massively-multiplayer online game – created for LEGO fans of all ages. In LEGO Universe you will discover a world that sparks the imagination, full of opportunities to build, play and interact with LEGO fans from all over the globe. Build anything you can dream up, and help shape the constantly evolving LEGO Universe through adventure, exploration and battle in an original storyline.Visit the pages linked below to learn more and view the game's introductory trailer.
LEGO Universe Intro Trailer
As always, safety for children is the LEGO Group’s top priority. LEGO Universe is a great way for families to play together in a safe online environment, and is designed to foster creativity and social interaction in young children and veteran gamers alike.
LEGO Universe represents a collaboration between the LEGO Group and fans, who have been called upon to help shape the game world - from testing and contributing ideas, to building actual game content alongside professional developers.
In LEGO Universe, players can build, explore, battle, make friends and express their creativity – all in an exciting online world of LEGO past, present and future. The game features several ways to utilize the iconic brick, from simple, gameplay-oriented building challenges to complex creative designs.
- Customize – Players customize their own Minifigure avatar to explore the LEGO Universe, expressing their personality or becoming someone entirely new. Numerous customization options allow for creativity and individuality.
- Socialize – Interact with LEGO fans from all over the world through in-depth community and social features, designed with children’s safety in mind.
- Play – LEGO Universe features a deep original storyline for players to explore, encountering new worlds and collaborating with other players to complete quests and achieve common goals.
- Build – The physical brick-building experience moves online with LEGO Universe. Exercising their creativity with LEGO bricks, players can bring their wildest creations to life with a user-friendly programming language
Buy LEGO Universe
Amnesia: The Dark Descent Updated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Frictional Games has released a new patch for its recently released survival horror title, Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Version 1.0.1 introduces a variety of changes and bug fixes including a handful of Mac specific updates.
The first person horror adventure follows the story of Daniel, an amnesiac who awakens in a desolate Prussian castle. To survive he must uncover the castle's mysteries while avoiding its sanity destroying denizens.
IMPORTANT: This update should work with all Amnesia releases that uses our serial system.Click over to the link below to read the full change log.
Frictional: Amnesia Update
DO NOT upgrade if you are in the middle of a game. Depending on where you upgrade you might experience some oddities due to save game differences between 1.0 and 1.0.1.
- Vsync works.
- Better support for keyboard layouts under certain languages.
- Crash issue when loading cetain levels.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Buy Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.