|Wednesday, November 5, 2008|
Secret Of The Lost Cavern Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Coladia has released Secret of the Lost Cavern, its prehistoric adventure game for Mac OS X. The game plunges the player into an adventure that takes place during the Paleolithic period in prehistoric time, 15,000 years B.C. To succeed they must embark on a Stone Age quest filled with puzzles and mystery, using their wits and powers of observation to survive the vast wilderness. Eventually the journey leads to one of mankind's forgotten wonders.
Experience your adventure through the eyes of Arok and meet many fascinating characters. Contend with the wild world where fishing, hunting, gathering, and mysterious shaman ceremonies are all part of the struggle for survival as you follow the path of your mentor and work with him to recreate the paintings of the renowned Lascaux Cave. Secret of the Lost Cavern is released as an Universal application and runs on Mac computers with Intel or PowerPC G5 processors and costs $39.90 (USD). A free demo of Secret of the Lost Cavern is available for download at the page linked below.
Secrets Of The Lost Cavern
Also featured is an integrated encyclopedia filled with historically accurate data on the Paleolithic period, and the Lascaux Cave is represented in 3D for the 1st time in a video game. Pristine photo-realistic graphics and environments including rivers, troglodyte caves, and green valleys, will take players back to the dawn of human existence.
Secret of the Lost Cavern is available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish languages.
IMG Reviews Jack Keane
10:19 AM | Marcus Albers | 2 comments
Inside Mac Games has posted a review of the point-and-click adventure game Jack Keane from 10tacle Studios and Runesoft. The 3D adventure finds you playing a wannabe pirate trying to defeat an evil villainess and her henchmen. Here's an excerpt from the review:
The story is cute, but that’s it. A bumbling pirate wannabe has to confront a beautiful villainess and then take on her evil mastermind boss in order to get on with his life. Supporting characters are the usual comedic stereotypes – the uptight British secret agent who doesn’t realize how clueless he really is, an oafish crew of knuckleheads who are as disloyal as they are stupid, silly townsfolk and merchants, by-the-book soldiers, evil henchmen.Follow the link below to read the full review.
IMG Review: Jack Keane
They all have lots of dialogue, some of it funny, some of it trying too hard. Every line of dialogue is shown on the screen via subtitles and simultaneously played via prerecorded voice acting. Thankfully, you can skip the audio playback and move to the next line just by hitting the spacebar, which is much more pleasant than having to hear the same lines repeated over and over again.
Buy Jack Keane
EVE Online: Quantum Rise Final Release Coming November 11th
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
CCP Games has announced November 11, 2008 as the launch date for the final deployment in the two-part staged release of EVE Online: Quantum Rise, the ninth free expansion for EVE Online. EVE Online players have seen the performance-enhancing changes of the StacklessIO and EVE64 initiatives which were introduced in an earlier phase of the expansion’s release, and both of which were designed to allow for large scale battles with limited lag.
EVE Online: Quantum Rise will feature the ability for corporations to hand out custom medals for whatever achievements they designate, a new certificate system to measure individual pilot skill, introduction of the Orca capital ship, a rebalancing of ship speed to improve combat viability.
These previously unannounced features will debut in EVE Online: Quantum Rise: The full list of all deployed and upcoming features of EVE Online: Quantum Rise can be found here at the link below. The expansion will be available for subscribers as a free download.
EVE Online Quantum Rise Features
• The introduction of In-game Subscription Services. You can now convert your 60-day EVE Time Codes (ETCs) into two 30-day items in game. These “30-Day Pilot ’s Licenses ”can be traded freely through all regular means (via market or contract or directly between players) and can be activated at any time. This feature will be available on November 11 th or shortly thereafter
• Assembly Array upgrades for those wanting to produce on a grand scale
• Alchemy allows moon materials to shift the whole landscape of Tech 2 production
• UI changes include a moveable HUD, module recharge timers and weapon grouping
• More efficient bomb production. Producers get more boom for their materials.
• Upgrades to the Trinity Premium graphics content for the ubiquitous stargates of New Eden
• A rebalancing of ship speeds for vessels of all sizes to rediscover their combat viability, making player vs. player strategy and tactics more important than ever
• 10 new beautifully haunting music tracks by EVE soundtrack composer RealX
Already revealed features of Quantum Rise include the ability for corporations to create and distribute their own custom medals for whatever accomplishments they see fit to bestow on their members. Pilots will find a newly-designed certificate system provides a quick and verifiable way to prove their worth in gunnery, trading or countless other professions. The shipyards of New Eden have been busy rebalancing industrial ships and are almost ready to undergo production of the mighty capital ship, the Orca. For easier navigation, all ships will feature autopilot avoidance options and a few new routes will open up in New Eden.
New Spore Patch Available For Mac
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
EA and Maxis have released a new patch for the Mac version of Spore. The patch includes fixes for bugs reported by players, gameplay tuning, the option to select multiple items for deleting or banning in the Sporepedia, and a "cool new planet style" for users to enjoy.
Features:Check out the full update list at the link below.
Spore Patch Info
Hold down the Control key in Sporepedia to select multiple creations for deleting or banning.
Hold down the Shift key in Sporepedia to select a range of creations for deleting or banning.
New planet style: Cubes.
Fix for game entry screen turning black when banning a creature in a Saved game.
Fixed issue with flora card in Sporepedia.
Space phase: Fixed missing VOX in some animations in Comm Screen.
Fixed audio issue with switching mode to 5.1 breaking music and VOX.
Fixed audio syncing issue when minimizing and/or maximizing Spore before opening video.
Space phase: Tuned relationship status to update in communication window after completing a mission.
Tribe phase: Tuned Normal difficulty mode to make social game easier.
Fixed the ESC key to consistently skip the Spore introduction movie.
Creators: YouTube video uploads are set to private. Go to YouTube.com and log in. Then go to Account >> My Videos to set them to Public if you want to share your videos with the world.
Creators: Fixed limb joints not being selectable behind other limbs.
Tamagotchi: 'Round The World Comes To iPod
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Tamagotchi: 'Round the World, Namco's colorful pet sim, is now available for download from Apple's iTunes store. The game lets players raise an entire planet and features an interactive environment, six mini-games, and three activities.
The whole world is your playground in Tamagotchi: 'Round the World. interact with cute clouds, playful plants, and gleeful geysers to raise the ultimate pet: An entire planet. keep your Tamagotchi well fed with fresh fruit and tickle them until they fall down laughing. Play with environmental creatures called Gaiatchi and earn Stars to buy Tamagotchi stamps for your virtual stampbook. Eat, dance, play, and even poop your way to a happier and healthier planet.Features:
• Four Tamagatchi to choose from include Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, and VioletchiTamagotchi: 'Round the World costs $4.99 and is compatible with 3rd generation iPod nanos, iPod classics, and 5th generation iPods. For more information head over to the iTunes page at the link below.
iTunes Store: Tamagotchi 'Round The World
• Lively, interactive environmental Gaiatchi such as geysers, plants, clouds, and seedlings
• Six mini-games to play with the Gaiatchi include Rock Paper Scissors, Bubble Game, Move It, Beach Ball, TagIt, and Dancing
• Three activities to play with your Tamagotchi include Tickling, Memory Match, and Math Puzzle
• Earn Stars to buy special Tamagotchi include Tickling, Memory Match, and Math Puzzle
• Vibrant, colorful graphics bring the Tamagotchi world to life
• Intuitive click wheel controls put your Tamagotchi at your fingertips
• Play Tamagotchi: 'Round the World while listening to the game's cute and bouncy soundtrack or your own iPod music library
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 3, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.