Kill Monty Goes Universal
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Freeverse has announced a new update to the arcade-shooting game, Kill Monty. Version 1.1 is now fully Universal for both Intel and PowerPC Macs. Other new features include a new "Assault" gameplay mode, an online high score list, and a complete rebalancing of the weapons.
What's New:Head over to the sites below for more information.
• Universal Binary build
• Online high scores
• New "Assault" gameplay mode, mixing nonstop carnage with speedrunning. Kill as much as possible before time runs out! Killing bosses or picking up a 1-up gets you 15 extra seconds, but die, and you lose 30 seconds.
Gameplay balance changes:
• Grenades now do 5x more damage
• Flamethrower does 3x more damage (but no longer passes through enemies)
• Railgun does more damage and fires faster at higher levels
• Armageddon X Laser now has a score bonus. Think of it as Star Power, only with more death
Encore Ships Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune Mac
1:24 PM | Tuncer Deniz | 1 comment
Encore Software has released Jeopardy Deluxe and Wheel of Fortune Deluxe for the Mac. The updated versions of the classic game shows are available in boxed versions at Macgamestore.com.
Wheel of Fortune - Spin the wheel and experience the enhanced game play and vivid graphics of the updated version of America’s #1 game show! Pick a consonant or buy a vowel to solve puzzles in three exciting new game modes; Road Trip, Group Play, and Puzzle of the Day. Create your own profile and earn trophies along with virtual cash! Look out for the dreaded Bankrupt and Lose A Turn wedges as you spin to win in the sparkling new version of this beloved game.
Jeopardy - Get ready to test your knowledge with America's Favorite Quiz Show. Play alone or pit yourself against the computer with up to two other contestants. Just like the show, if you respond correctly you lead the game, but if you’re wrong, your competitors control the board and you have to use your wits to jump back in command or you might find yourself in JEPORADY!
Both titles are now available and in stock at Macgamestore.com.
Macgamestore: Jeopardy Deluxe
Macgamestore: Wheel of Fortune Deluxe
Inside Mac Games Reviews Galder
12:54 PM | Tuncer Deniz | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a review of Galder, the new casual game from Fastforward Software. Here's a clip from the review:
For those of you who play a lot of puzzle games, a quick glance at any screenshot from this title and it won’t look particularly revolutionary. And it’s not. Well, unless you consider the word “revolution” to mean what you can do with the rings of gemstones, in which case it’s a perfectly fitting term. But we’ll get to that. But it does offer a unique twist on an established puzzle genre, and it’s well worth checking out for that alone.To check out the full review, please follow the link below.
Inside Mac Games Review: Galder
Macworld.Ars: The Death and Life of Apple Gaming
6:00 AM | Evan Holt | Comment on this story
Charles Jade from the website Ars Technica has been attending MacWorld and has posted an article of this year's Gaming Pavilion.
This year, gaming was centered in the alive-and-well West Hall, and gaming wasn't a Macworld Expo afterthought. Instead of a few lonely iPods running games from EA, a real pavilion was put up. More importantly, game developers like EA and Blizzard showed up, as well as Mac gaming stalwarts like Aspyr Media, and even a new one, EVE Online. It turns out 2008 will likely be the best year ever for gaming and Apple. Who knew?Current and upcoming games from Freeverse, Feral Interactive, EA, Blizzard, CCP Games, Aspyr and Music Wizard Group were all on display.
Follow the link below for the full article and numerous pictures of the pavilion.
Macworld.Ars: the death and life of Apple gaming
Mystery In London Available For Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has announced the release of Mystery in London for the Macintosh. Published by Big Fish Games, Mystery in London takes players on a trip through London's notorious history. Players gather clues from 360 degree photographs of famous London locations to uncover the truth behind a murderous past.
Your vacation to London turns into an investigation into one of its most notorious mysteries ever! Explore the city through 360-degree photographs of locations such as Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbeyeven the tailor shop where James Bond buys his shirts! Gather clues and challenge the locals to unearth the truth behind a murderous past.Mystery in London is available for $19.95 through Macgamestore.com and requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. A free Universal Binary demo version of the game is available for download.
Buy Mystery In London
Explore realistic levels.
Solve notorious mystery.
Master challenging mini-games.
Leopard Update For BOOM
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Factor Software recently updated BOOM, an arcade game in the tradition of Bomberman. The update brings the game to version 1.61 and introduces a variety of updates to fix issues related to the Leopard operating system.
Updates in version 1.61:
• Improved menubar and Dock handling in full screen mode on Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar or later (also fixed Dock icons corruption on 10.5 Leopard). To learn more about the game follow the links below.
• Fixed an issue with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard that caused the game application to not exit full screen mode when displaying Help pages.
• Improved Preferences dialog appearance on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or later (also fixed tab pane drawing problems on 10.5 Leopard).
• Fixed broken functionality of Application menu items "Hide BOOM", "Hide Others" and "Show All".
• Updated the Kagi Registration Module (fixed issues with Mac OS X
• Other minor bug fixes.
Win A Multi-License CD For Eschalon: Book I
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
Basilisk Games is offering current owners of the digital download or earlier CD versions of Eschalon: Book I the chance to win a new multi-license CD with copies of the Mac, Windows, and Linux versions on the same disc. Those who correctly answer a series of questions about the game will be entered into a random drawing.
Okay, this contest is for people who already own the game, either as a digital download or perhaps a previous CD. Since a couple people have expressed that they wish they had waited to purchase a multi-license CD, I figured this would be a good way to give a couple copies away! Those interested in participating in the contest have until January 31st to send in the answers. The complete rules for entering the contest are available at the website below.
So, have you played the game through several times and think you know everything? Well here's your chance to prove it! Answer the following 5 questions and you'll have a chance to win a new Multi-License CD containing all three versions of the game!
1) Where are the locations of all three Easter Eggs? I need the name of the map AND the actual tile number of the chest or container where they are held.
2) There is a grave marker of a man who died from poisoning. What is his name? Bonus point if you can explain the joke.
3) How many Salamanders are in Leurik's basement?
4) What is the maximum amount of damage the spell 'Smite' can deliver?
5) What four ingredients are needed to get Father Michael's portal working (the one in the basement of his cottage).
Basilisk Forum: CD Contest
Eschalon: Book I
Buy Eschalon: Book I
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.